Friday, August 15, 2008

Aug 15 - Dad Update

Dad had to have a stint put in on Wednesday as they found 99% blockage in one artery. He was able to go home on Thursday (8/14) and was at a weiner roast tonight. For those that know my Dad, he is the consummate workaholic. Always doing something - he is supposed to not do ANYTHING for 2 weeks. It won't be his heart that gets him - it will be boredom or Mom nagging him to death.

Anyway, we are all celebrating this bit of good news - they caught the blockage in time thanks to Mom "tattling on him to the Doctor" (Dad's words). I'm just glad she did. Thank God!!

Hope all of you are doing well and if I can get still & with a reliable internet connection I'll post the last few legs of our journey. We have seen some BEAUTIFUL country! Special thanks to Jim V for his Beartooth Pass suggestion! Awesome!

1 comment:

M&M Gilmore said...

I am glad to hear that your Mom spoke up and got the doctors to listen against your Dad's will. Sounds like you are having a great trip and will be happy to be closer to your families! I love the photos, makes me want to take a road trip too! - Melissa, Mark, and Emma