Friday, May 21, 2010

Western Tanagers


OK, OK - I need a better camera to take bird photos but you use what you got...  And you have to be sneaky or they take off.

Here are some photos of the Western Tanagers that have graced our suet feeder the past couple of weeks.  They are beautiful, comical birds - shy when I am out there but eventually they decide I'm OK and resume the attack of the suet feeder.  This is our first year to have them so it is very exciting - we've also had some black-headed grosbeaks at the seed feeder but they won't stay still long enough for me to snap a photo.

It's a bit like "Where's Waldo" in some of the photos but if you look closely you can see them.  Remember you can click on the photo to enlarge it.

Oh, and we had one American Goldfinch but I have only seen him once - several Lesser Goldfinches hang around though.  The American is cute as a button with his little black hat.



This is the American Goldfinch.




I see you...




Mid-flight

1 comment:

Towanda said...

OMG! I love these colorful birds! We never get any colorful ones like these up here.