Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb 8 - Family Updates

Today is my Mother-in-Law's birthday!! Happy Birthday Irene!! She says she isn't doing much since she is helping Anita take care of the new baby.

Yesterday I was going to volunteer at the Watermelon Mountain Ranch adoption event at Oakwood Homes, & take in Pressie to see if she could find her forever home. But at 9 AM we got a call from my parents and my Grandpa was admitted to the hospital in Portales. He was having trouble breathing and was so weak that he couldn't get out of bed at home. They called an ambulance and he was brought in to the emergency room. He has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and they found a lump on his throat which could be contributing to his choking whenever he eats anything. Anyway, he will have CAT scan this afternoon and hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.

We dropped Pressie off at the adoption event and headed on to Portales. We'll probably head home tomorrow or Tuesday morning. I'm too scared to call WMR to see if Press was adopted or not - not sure how I'll feel either way. Happy she found a home I'm sure but very sad, and if she didn't then a bit bummed that she didn't find a home. Poor baby, i just cried when we dropped her off. My sister, Shirley, & her husband is moving to ABQ and said they would take her once they get in town.

1 comment:

Towanda said...

Raymona ~ Any word on your grandpa's condition today? I hope he is breathing better.

And ... any word on Pressie?