Monday, March 9, 2009

Mar 9 - Rainy Days Are Here Again

OK, maybe not DAYS... that would be hoping for too much down here, but after 66 days of no precipitation at all (rain or snow) we'll take what we can get down here. I had a dream it was raining here so I guess I semi-woke up and heard it on the sky-light, then at 5 AM, I really did wake up and realized it really was raining!!! What a joyful noise it is - I would never have thought I'd say that, we were so sick of the rain in Washington but since this rain rarely lasts all day and NEVER two days in a row... we'll take it. :-) It is nice though, that this rain (at least at our place) has been a nice steady, slow rain so hopefully it will have time to sink in and do some good. But it sure is going to be a long day being cooped up in the house with Hannah & Maggie - sigh.

I'd also like to wish my parents a very Happy 40th Anniversary today.
Too bad they are having to spend it at the hospital with my Grandpa instead of being out & about, enjoying the day.

Speaking of Grandpa - he will have his hip surgery today, either at 11 AM or 4 PM. Unsure yet if it will be a full hip replacement or just a pin. He will have to stay in Lubbock for a few days after then can be transported to a rehab facility in Clovis, NM which will make it easier on family - Lubbock is about 2 hours away from where they live and Clovis is only an hour away. Please keep Grandpa in your prayers - they really worked well for his last surgery!!

No comments: