Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 30 - New Car

Well after having to endure endless hours of Bryan researching vehicles and test driving about a 100 we finally settled on one.  We had narrowed it down to the Kia Forte 5-door the the Kia Sorento - however, the 4-cyl in the Sorento just wasn't enough power and the V-6 was more than we wanted to pay for a commuter car so we got the Forte.


We decided on the 5-door (hatchback basically) so that we'd have room for the dogs.  The back seats fold down completely flat leaving lots of room for Hannah & Maggie and a suitcase or two.  I wasn't keen on it because I am used to the Jeep and being up high, the Forte is lots lower to the ground, but after driving it a bit, it really is OK.  Very peppy for a 4-cyl (2.4), we got some options we didn't necessarily want or would pay for for free - sunroof, sirius radio, tinted windows (almost a must in Texas), theft package... for a really great price.  :-)  Which also helped with the decision.  I guess it does pay to go in 2 hours before closing on the last day of the month on the last day of a quarter.

Anyway, at least now we can park the big truck (F450) now so we don't put as many miles on it and most importantly save in diesel costs.  I'll drive the Kia when I head to Oklahoma for work & Bryan will use it when I'm not gone.  My Jeep isn't the most gas efficient either - especially if there is any type of wind!





Overall, we are pleased with the car and really pleased with Southwest Kia in Mesquite.  They were quite helpful, very low pressure as opposed to the Kia dealership in Lewisville who acted as if they could careless if they had our business or not... until we bought the car - they have called us about 5 times since June 30.

1 comment:

Towanda said...

Love the car, Raymona. I'll be looking for a new car soon, so I apprciate the information. I'll put the Kias on my list to check out.