Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 2 - McKinney Texas

So, to road test the new Kia, we drove to Denton for lunch on the square and then to McKinney to Happiness is Quilting quilt shop.  What a wonderful shop this is.  I bought to quilt kits, one is a wall hanging and the other is a block-of-the-month pattern.  Ooooo the damage I could do to a checking acct in that store but I was really, really good and just bought the two kits.  Yea me (mainly because I don't seem to have the time to work on anything despite having 3-4 days off a week).

Anyway, QIH is located on the square in McKinney. It is a nice square, surrounded by various shops and restaurants.  The courthouse isn't as impressive as the Denton County one however.

Here's a few photos from the McKinney.

Collin County Courthouse, McKinney, Texas




Beautiful planters on the square

1 comment:

Towanda said...

I love the shops and the square in McKimmey. Been there many times. They have some great events there throughout the year.