Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May 29 - Lake O' The Pines, Texas

So back to our Memorial Day weekend.  On Sunday we drove out to Lake O' The Pines for a few hours.  I wish Bryan and I had worn our swimsuits as the water was great... at least knee deep.  The dogs had a great time for sure.

LOTP is a US Army Corps of Engineer's lake with several parks along its edges - there may be residences on the shores but none that we saw.  It's actually a very beautiful lake and gave me the "I-want-a-boat bug".  We drove through one of the campsites - Brushy Creek, I think it was - it was OK but not great. Well, maybe its great, just depends on what you like I guess.  Being Memorial Day weekend and on a lake it was CROWDED.  The spaces are adequate but not overly large like at Caddo Lake and while the area was treed, it wasn't overly 'brushy' so there was NO privacy between the sites.  :-(  Bryan summed it up by saying it "looked like a party place".  Exactly - at least that weekend.  Lots and lots of young families, lots of boats - just seemed like eventually when everyone came off the lake it would get loud.  Not what we consider fun when we are camping but to each their own... and if I had a boat...  :-)

Here's a few pics from the day.

Brushy Creek Campground 

Road to the tent camping area at Brushy Creek

The dam at Lake O' The Pines, TX 




Throw the stick already!! 

I'm swimming, swimming, swimming. 


The only time we pay attention...   


Hannah either sits or lies down in the water.  

Maggie going after the stick

Beach at the Brushy Creek campground 


No comments: