Friday, September 26, 2008

Good-bye WaMu

Well, we knew it was bound to happen but how very sad for those of us that were with Washington Mutual (WaMu) during its heyday in the 90's. WaMu has failed and been sold to JP Morgan Chase.

I remember sitting through New Employee Orientation back in 1993 learning the history of this up & coming banking institution - established in 1889 after the great fire of Seattle... I remember being there through it's phenomenal growth period - doubling its size with every new acquisition. What an exciting time... hard to watch it stumble then fall so far. Toward the end it was a struggle, but I have to say it was a great company to work for and I will always look at my time there fondly. I met great people, learned alot as I started my career and made some terrific friends at WaMu.

Farewell WaMu...

No comments: