Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moving In and Our First Visitor

How apropos that we arrived in Albuquerque under heavy, cloudy skies and sprinkles of rain, a wreck on I-40 shutting it down and lots of rush hour traffic? It rained a smidgen on Friday (of course) as we were moving stuff in but being used to doing stuff in the rain we perservered. :-)

Our POD arrived around 10:30 or so Friday morning and we began unpacking. It goes much faster unloading than it does loading one, that's for sure!! We didn't get it comepletely unloaded until Saturday afternoon, but now we are ready for POD #2! Hopefully we'll get it Monday - we packed the beds in POD one but all of the sheets are in POD 2. That's productive planning for you! HAHA

Everything has gone splendidly so far - we've hoisted, shoved and squeezed things up the tight staircase, I think we have two more "big" items from the second POD that will need to go upstairs - after that it's all downstairs stuff! YEA!!! Now its organizing time, which will take a while I'm sure; it did in our old house, we'd put stuff away in one spot and then after we adjusted to the flow we'd move it for convenience.

I will admit, I didn't think I'd ever, ever find a house I liked as much as the Monroe house but I think I did - too bad, its just a rental place. The neighborhood is very quiet - except at night when the coyotes howl and the dogs start barking. Everyone seems very friendly (nothing compared to our old nieghbors tho!!) And we sorta have a view of Sandia Peak. Not the expansive views we had in Monroe but nice nontheless. Oh, and SUNSHINE!!! It's weird to sit on the patio with the sun shining and not be racing around trying to get things mowed 'before the rain". We sat there nervously, thinking - Wait, we can do it tomorrow. Weird but I'm sure we'll acclimate.

Mornings have been very, very cool and days in the upper 70s to mid-80's we'd guess. Not too bad. After the sprinkles on Friday, it has really cleared up.

And we've already had our first "visitor". Certainly not a welcome one and I'm sorry to say (not really) that we were not gracious hosts. Below are pics of a "redhead centipede" (posted later when the blog will let me) that I found in the closet of one of the bedrooms (I won't say which so you'll still come visit). This was something our rental agent warned us about but everyone else said was a rare sighting. “If we are lucky we might see one once a year maybe twice.” Well this was enough, don’t ever need to see another and especially not in my house!!



Take care friends and come see us in sunny New Mexico!

No comments: