Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nov 8 - Call me Sucker...

We donated Bear's food and medications to a no-kill animal shelter, Watermelon Ranch, in Rio Rancho a couple of weeks ago. I liked it so much I decided I'd volunteer, much to Bryan's dismay.

Today was my orientation to the Ranch and while I was there they brought in the CUTEST, saddest Lab/Retriever mix, Champ. He had been adopted at 8 weeks old but returned yesterday (at 5 mos) because his family's small children were scared of him. It took me a lot of cooing to get him out of the van - he was so scared and sad. Knowing that Bryan would kill me, I decided we should foster him until another forever family could be found. So I bundled him up in the Jeep and started home... I made it within two miles before WMR called me back - they already had a family for him. Boo Hoo!! Champ was terrific in the Jeep, just lying down or looking at the window. I thought he might be one to win Bryan over. But I turned around and took him back where a family of 6 were eagerly awaiting him.

So, that's it I thought and was getting ready to go - but Jenn (worker at the Ranch) talked me into looking at the 8 week old Lab-mix puppies... so I folded like a napkin... and brought one home to foster. He's a russet brown, named King Kong but I think we are renaming him Dutch, he looks like a Dutch. I'll have to take him in next Saturday to an adoption site but until then, he's ours to try to mold into something other than a holy terror. haha




1 comment:

Towanda said...

Soggy - The first foster I brought home lasted at my house in her role as foster until the day I was to take her back to Adoption Day at Petsmart. We couldn't do it -- she has been a part of our family for seven years now. :)

Dutch is just adorable. Really a cutie.