Friday, August 21, 2009

A lazy day around the house with nothing important to discuss

Well today finishes up Bryan's first week of work in over a year. Still getting things sorted out but not too bad so far. The company doesn't have the software that they hired Bryan to use but everything else is OK. They pay 100% of our insurance & its effective immediately so we are able to drop (HIP HIP HOORAY!!!) our COBRA coverage we've had for the past year! That'll be a $700/ mos savings!

I worked M-W at the school helping with some software updates and image conversions (actually learned something there), and wishing I'd paid more attention when I was with the CBRE IT team since it looks like I may get roped into doing some of that kind of work... servers? I don't know nuttin' bout no servers... but I can learn. As long as it doesn't distract from my school work, I should be good to go. Pay isn't bad either...

Let's see - yesterday was spent running a couple errands and lazin' around the house, as was today. Although I spent from 8:30 AM to 2:15 PM completing some online modules for a class I'm also taking. I'm still not quite caught up to where I should be in that class but I'm closer than I was.

We also tried out the new grill... wonderful! So nice to cook on something other than the 'hibatchi' we've been using. This grill is "infrared" and seems to cook quickly & evenly.

Bryan and I are going to try a steak place we've been wanting to try for quite a while and now that we have incoming income... we are out to celebrate!!! It's called Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse and is housed in an old speak-easy. I'll blog more about it when we get back. Hopefully it will be delish, we certainly miss JaK's Grill in Issaquah. Sigh.

Here are some pics I took of the girls today (& prior), I can't believe they are both a little over 60 lbs!!!
I am TOO a lap dog! See, I fit!
(Hannah)
Maggie still fitting in her hole
The never-ending tug of war game
Relaxin' under the apple tree
Here come double trouble
I'm too cute. Maggie
Hanner-nanner
Plums

Storm clouds over the Sandia's.

No comments: