Thursday, September 17, 2009

I went to sleep in New Mexico & woke up in Seattle

What a dreary, rainy, cool day today. A thunderstorm moved in yesterday evening and it just settled in all day. Fitting for my fortieth birthday. HAHA It really does resemble a typical Seattle day - low clouds obscuring the mountains, cool weather, an all day rain... I guess this is typical for State Fair weather.

I know I should be excited for the rain seeing how we've (Albuquerque area) only had about 3.5 since Jan 2009 but, its still hard for me to get excited for rain & cold, dreary skies. Maybe next year.

Since 5 PM yesterday we've had 1.2 inches of rain at the Powell household in Bernalillo. Whoop-Whoop (See, I'm trying to be excited!)

1 comment:

Towanda said...

I LOVE rainy days. LOVE THEM.

We had snow on the mountain here after one of the overnight rains this week. YAY!!!