Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The New House & Damn Fire Ants

So last weekend I was able to spend a brief amount of time at the new house in Texas.  I kinda like it... lots of room, TONS of storage and Bryan and the girls are there.  Very 'farmhousey' country.  The bathrooms and kitchen could use an overhauling but all in all, it seems to be a good house - even in the disarray of a temporary 'bachelor pad'.   And I love the area - after 2 years in the high desert of New Mexico it seemed extremely lush and green. Lots of trees and nice rolling hills.  The lake is small but nice, I sort of equate it to Lake Stevens in WA but it is smaller.  Still it has that Lake Stevens feel.  The downside to the house (aside that it isn't unpacked and ready for me) is that it doesn't have a fenced yard for Hannah & Maggie.  Oh well, can't have everything I suppose.

And the weather was PERFECT!!!

While I was there we walked the neighborhood with H & M and took them below the spillway for a dip in the 'creek' (AKA running mudhole).  What did we care, the girls LOVED it.  There is a ditch nearby that has a trickle of water and they run up & down it several times - laying low to the ground, Greyhounds wouldn't stand a chance against these two ditch runners!!

I also was able to visit the "lodge" for dinner - Saturday is $2 margarita night (I'm gonna love this place) and 1/2 price steak night.  It wasn't JaK's but it wasn't bad either.

And as a homecoming, I was stung/bitten by a freakin' fire ant. Really?  Already?  Argh...  I'm gonna hate Texas.

Below are a few photos of our walks. I'll post house pictures once we get more settled, right now its a flipping mess.  :-)

On the road to the ditch

Disk golf field & basket

Off we go...

Ahh, the watering hole

Chasing a stick

Ditch running

Hannah watching me clean up the utility/mudroom

My sweet Maggie

3 comments:

Janette said...

Oooh, I love the $2 margarita! And my sister used to live in Texas (military) and said she hated the fire ants too.

Hope you have a better time than she did! Sounds like you have a pretty place to live, at least!

Towanda said...

The new place looks nice, Raymona. At least you will have some shade...a necessity in Texas!

clairz said...

Beautiful countryside, a watering hole, cheap drinks--lots of good stuff to outweigh those nasty little ants!