Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jan 22, 2011 - Good-Bye Albuquerque

Today I left ABQ for the last time as a resident.  It was bittersweet.  The past two years here have been disappointing to say the least, as far as the job situation goes anyway.  However, not being able to find a job turned out to be a blessing for me as it has allowed me the opportunity to learn a new profession, one I think I am really going to enjoy.  I have made some incredible friends in the two years I went to school, I will miss them greatly.

I left my friend’s house where I’ve been staying the past 4 months around 8 AM.  I think it was very fitting that there were three hot air balloons to see me off.  I cried until Moriarty. 

I spent Saturday night with my parents in Pep, NM – next stop Corinth, Texas.

Below are some photos of some of our favorite scenes/places we’ve visited in New Mexico.


Balloon Fiesta

City of Rocks

Toe in the Rio Grande

Coronado Monument, Bernalillo, NM

Red Rock State Park, Gallup, NM

Kasha-Katewa National Monument 
between ABQ & Santa Fe, NM

Pecos Wilderness
Pueblo Bonita - Chaco Canyon

Gathering of Nations 2009

Balloon Fiesta, 2009

Bandalier Nationa Monument

State Bird - the Roadrunner

Carrizozo - Valley of Fire Lave Beds

Aspens on the Road to Iron Creek, Pecos Wilderness


No comments: