Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jan 27 - Too Much Studying...

...makes Raymona a crabby person.  So after I took one of the practice tests, I harnessed up the pups and headed into the great outdoors.  For us to be so close to 'the big city' we really lucked out on this location.

Our new house is located in Corinth, TX located along I-35 E between Denton & Lewisville.  It is quite close to the freeway so we do get road noise but not as bad as I thought it would be and the house is located on 4 acres so while we are close to a main arterial, we have lots of land around us - and a pond!!!  The land also butts up against a 119 acre sports park - soccer & baseball fields.  The outer edges of this park is heavily treed and there are lots of bike, horse and hiking trails winding through them.  There's even a fishing pond.  All in all, its a nice place.  We'll see what its like during the height of soccer/baseball season but for now, its a nice place to walk.

Today, Hannah, Maggie & I ventured out onto the trails.  It was a great walk, mostly by ourselves.  Bikes scare them, especially the ones that 'sneak' up on us from behind.  Hannah went berserk!  Broke loose from me, charged the guy with her hackles up (although she never got within 10 feet of him as she was too scared).  She looked scary and I think she might have made the guy pee his pants. The whole while I'm yelling at her to sit which she eventually does, & assuring the cyclist that she really is OK but... GEEZ... these dogs are SO NOT ferocious, I was shocked at how she acted.  Anyway, as I apologize to the guy, H & M have decided he isn't a threat and are all wagging tails and lolling tongues.  I could have killed them.  Poor guy.  H & M do fine if they see the bikes coming or in the distance but the "sneaky" ones... watch out!

After we returned home I took them out to our pond for a dip... the weather was fantastic.  The rest of the afternoon was spent doing another practice test and studying.

Hannah & Maggie in the Pond

Our pond

Our New House

3 comments:

Potters said...

Your new home sounds wonderful!! Can't wait for more pics. Damn cyclists....being all sneaky. Don't they know to ring their little bell, or say "on the right"! :)

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

It was just a calamity of errors - me thinking I could control 2 80 lb dogs and he thinking he had the trail to himself. I feel REALLY bad about it. I KNOW H & M won't hurt a fly and if he'd yelled boo, Hannah would have ran like a girl, but HE didn't know that.

Towanda said...

Great pictures. Lovely setting you are in, Raymona.