Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Would Your Dating Card Say?

Because I don't have time to think of anything interesting, cute or funny to put out until after my board exams (and yet I still have time to read my friend's blogs, go figure) I copied one from a friend's blog (since I'm also not the best at doing that nifty little link-to-someone-elses-blog-so-you-can-read-it-there-by-clicking-on-this-single-word).  Anyway,  I found it pretty ding-dang funny - read it below.

Excerpted from *Joy* To The World at http://www.heidifields.blogspot.com/
"Today, while creating something online, i completed my project and submitted it and the website said "thank you for using evite please view our sponsor below" i thought to myself that they were very polite with their asking so i would take a look. What do ya know...it was a business card making place! 

Now, i don't need business cards, but theirs were just so cute! However, upon a closer look, i realized that they were not just BUSINESS cards. They now have other options! Like MOMMY cards where it says your name and who your kids are and your contact info. Like...who would you give that too? Who do you not know now, but all of a sudden meet and want to give that information to? And who doesn't have a blackberry or an iPhone where they can just magically make it appear on the other persons phone or something? How many do you carry around in your purse? If you carry 20 would that make you seem over confident that people actually WANT your info? If you only carry one could you have underlying self confidence issues? 

But then...my favorite was on this advertisement. It was a DATING card! It said 

David Ross
"Fun personality and looking for a relationship" (or something just as stupid) 
Contact info followed. Cell, email and twitter.

That got me thinking. What would i ever do with a dating card, but first, what would i put on it? 
Here are some options: 

Heidi Fields
Looking to change my last name. Please text me with yours to see if you even qualify.

or

Heidi Fields
Likes to color, hoard Cheeze-Its and travel. Not in that order. Usually all at once. 

or

Heidi Fields
Average young adult woman currently jobless and seeking employment. Not necessarily my own but maybe a guy that has a job and can provide for my lack of desire to have a regular one. Willing to bear children and perform household duties. However you get to deal with the snot. 


Once i have obtained these cards, when would it be appropriate to give them out? Would they make a person look even more stupid then they already are, or more sophisticated? I don't know anyone that would have those made for serious...maybe as a joke. 

I think i will hold off for now."


 I love Heidi's card ideas and they got me thinking (because it beats studying case studies and clinical simulations) on what MY dating cards might say.


Raymona Powell
  40-something, worn-out student looking for rest, relaxation and someone to do all the work for me.

Raymona Powell
  Former hot-chick, looking for a former hot-guy...  

I mean, really, WHAT do you put on these cards? How egotistical could you be to actually pass them out?  More importantly - what would YOU do if you got one???  I'm pretty sure I'd be laughing my butt off.  But the guy would get exposure 'cuz I'd make sure I showed it to everyone...  "Look what this idiot was passing out last night..."  

What would your card say?

1 comment:

Heidijoy said...

LOVE IT! thanks for the prop! You can use my stuff anytime!