Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving Forward

So, we are moving forward with the move to Texas.  Bryan and I have most of the house packed and already moved to the Lone Star State.  I've got the bare-bones left here and will soon be getting it packed to move into an apartment until February when I join him.


And. I. Think. We. Found. A. House.  A rental house that is, as we aren't sure where we want to end up exactly - a lot depends on where I find employment there.  (I keep wanting to say down there but really I think its over there as it isn't south of us). Let's see, where was I?  Oh, the rental...  Its in a small community about 11 miles southeast of Gainesville, called Lake Kiowa.  It's a gated community, which makes it sound fancier than it really is.  It was 'created' in the late 1960s to be a lakeside community.  The community of Lake Kiowa comprises 1700 acres of which 563 acres comprise the lake itself. The lake is approximately two miles long, 2900 feet wide at its widest point and has a maximum depth of 35 feet with an average depth of 15 feet. Indian Creek and numerous springs feed the lake. The dam is approximately 1800 feet long with a 150-foot wide concrete spillway at an elevation of 700 feet above mean sea level. 


Not sure how we'll feel about living in an actual neighborhood - the house we have now is about as close as we've come to that and I really wouldn't consider this a neighborhood.  Anyway, the house is a bit large but thats OK as we have a bunch of crap and can use the room.  Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of the storage rooms.  The house is on 0.8 acres and there are CC&R's to be followed (we've NEVER-EVER had those to contend with) so all in all it will be an adventure.  According to the 2000 census data over 50% of the population is over 50 and there are a little over 1800 people living here.  I'm a bit intrigued and kinda hope we connect with the neighbors.  We are A-OK with the age group and hope its quiet.  HAHA  :-)


Oh, yeah, not that it matters to us but there's a golf course in the community... maybe we'll learn how to play.  I'd rather get a boat.  hee hee


Anyway, here's to part two (or maybe 10) of our adventures.  Maybe I should change the name of the blog...???  

1 comment:

clairz said...

All that water sounds pretty nice! I'm so hot right now, all I can think about is getting a pool put in. Mmmm, water.