Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jan 18 - Our Newest Additions - Hannah & Maggie

Maggie & Hannah playing tug of war
OK, we did it. Poor Bryan, he was really hoping we'd be dog-free for a while but I just couldn't stand it. I miss Bear's companionship so very much... anywhooo - we went to the CARMA (a Corrales, NM no-kill shelter) and adopted two little sisters. They were out of a litter of 9, Rottweiler/Lab mixes (what Bear was). Both are jet black, Hannah has a little smidgen of white on her chest but really we can only tell them apart by their collars. Bryan wanted to call them Kendra and Holly after the "Girls Next Door" stars but... well, I thought it was clever but had to draw the line... I'm hoping my girls are a bit smarter and since they aren't blonde... hee hee




Mags & Hans getting their first drink

One of the them (can't see the collar
so not sure who it is)


Wrestling

Maggie

Hannah
Pressie was really excited to see them, she perked up and loved to play with them outdoors. And jealousy helps a little, I guess - she will come right up to me now. Still hesitant with Bryan but as she sees him playing with H & M she'll come around. I think we'll try her out at the adoption site next Saturday - I know we are horrible but I think two pups are about all we can handle and we are still too worried that if she can get away, we'll never get her to come back. Too risky when we are camping.
Pressie when she first saw the pups

Pressie making sure I see her too

I love to see her grinning!
Let's see... how am I going to break it to Watermelon Mountain Ranch that we adopted from somewhere else... Don't know yet but guess I'll have to sometime.

3 comments:

Janette said...

Oh, they are adorable! Thanks for posting the pics!

Towanda said...

Oh, aren't they sweet! Congratulations!!

Pressie looks a little bit unsure of the whole situation.

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

SHe is trying her best to play with them but she's a bit big for them & gets rough but so far they are all getting along. She can't lay down or she gets mobbed. :-) But it sure has brought her out of her shell. She will come up to me now no matter where I am, lets me pet & hug her. Still leery of Bryan but getting a little better with him too.