Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 6 - Off to Arizona

Today, I had my interview with the respiratory therapy program selection committee at 9:30 AM then we hit the road for Arizona. We wanted to do at least one more 'getaway' just in case I got into the program (which I found out I did on April 10 - yea!!)

We stopped in Gallup, NM for the night. We camped at Red Rocks Park just east of Gallup off of I-40. It's a nice park, although they really needed to do some cleanup while we were there - LOTS AND LOTS of sand had blown in and covered a lot of the campsites and its not too dog friendly as its covered in goatheads (read one of my earlier blog posts describing those nasty buggers). We started on one of the trails to Navajo Church Rock but the pups (really it was the pups) pooped out on us so we turned around and just drove in & around Gallup, NM along the Historic Route 66.
Campsite #66 at Red Rocks
Trail to Navajo Church RockClose up of Church Rock

Trail at Red Rocks, Gallup, NM

Hannah & Maggie on trailRed Rock Park, Gallup, NM

Historic El Rancho Hotel in Gallup on Route 66
Gallup, NM

2 comments:

Towanda said...

Hey Raymona --

I LOVE all the pictures of your trip ... and CONGRATULATIONS on gettting accepted into the RT program. I am so proud of you ... you will be amazed at all the things you are going to be learning in the next 22 months!!

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Thanks. I am excited and scared all at once!!!